Monday 13 November
- Taylor Wimpey Q3 trading update
The market will be concentrating on the group’s outlook for 2018, along with views on costs, possible labour shortages and its cash position, says Share Centre investment analyst Graham Spooner. “Despite Brexit concerns, the sector has remained resilient as there is still a shortage of housing in the UK and the company said demand hasn’t fallen off. Furthermore, interest rates have been attractive with good mortgage availability.”
Tuesday 14 November
- UK consumer price inflation, October – Office for National Statistics
Last month, UK inflation rose to 3 per cent, the highest level since 2012. But has inflation peaked? Many economists expect it to have fallen back before the year’s end, but did it fall in October?
- EU and eurozone GDP – Q3
Wednesday 15 November
- UK labour market statistics, three months to September – Office for National Statistics
While unemployment remained at 4.3 per cent, the lowest level since the mid-1970s, average real wages with bonuses fell 0.8 per cent. Spooner says it is highly likely that real wages fell again.
- UK productivity July to September
Thursday 16 November
- Retail Sales in Great Britain, October – Office for National Statistics
Retail sales were down in the ONS figures from September, and the latest reports from BRC and the CBI survey pointed to a weak month. “It seems likely that today’s official data will show another month of falling sales, but given that real wages are falling, this is hardly surprising,” says Spooner.
- EU inflation for October, Eurostat