This week we’ll know if the UK will vote for the status quo, as polls predict, or whether a new government will be formed.
Fund Strategy looks at some key events shaping the week and what to expect.
Monday 5 June
- UK services Purchasing Managers Index
Tuesday 6 June
- International Consolidated Airlines Group (May traffic statistics)
The Share Centre investment research analyst Graham Spooner says: “As the owner of British Airways IAG shares were affected by the recent IT issues over the bank holiday which led to a lot of disruption and cancelled flights over a number of days.
“While there has been much in the way of positive news from IAG in recent updates, especially the growth at Aer Lingus, the market will be focused on the figures and especially any comments about how it may dent profits through issues such as compensation claims”.
Wednesday 7 June
- RPC Group (Q4 results)
Spooner says: “Plastic packaging group RPC has been performing very strongly in recent times. In March RPC confirmed that full year revenues were still expected to be significantly up on last year with adjusted operating profit also better than previously anticipated by management.
“The group made another acquisition in March of US plastics group Letica, which was funded by a rights issue. The shares have rebounded quite strongly from a highly critical analyst report in March from Northern Trust”.
Thursday 8 June
- The UK votes to elect the next Government
- Residential Market Survey – Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
Friday 9 June
- Construction output in Great Britain: April 2017 and new orders Jan to Mar 2017 – Office for National Statistics, UK index of production, April 2017 – ONS, UK trade, April 2017 – ONS.