Monday 21 August
Tuesday 22 August
- Monthly Industrial Trends – CBI
- Public sector finances, July – ONS
Wednesday 23 August
- SEI H1 results
Thursday 24 August
- Second estimate of UK GDP, Q2
The ONS recorded a growth rate in UK GDP of 0.3 per cent in Q2, 0.1 percentage points higher than in Q1. Share Centre research analyst Graham Spooner says so far within the EU only Finland and Portugal are growing at a slower rate.
“Many economists expected the growth rate to be slower than that, and the ONS does have a habit of revising its data, often downwards, on subsequent occasions. Will it do so this time around?” Spooner says.
- UK Index of services, June – ONS
- Monthly economic commentary – ONS
Friday 25 August
- Jackson Hole Economic Symposium
US Fed chair Janet Yellen will speak on financial stability at the annual policy symposium in Wyoming. ECB president Mario Draghi will also attend the event.