Monday 6 November
- US president Donald Trump in Asia
- CBI Annual Conference
- Bank of Japan Governor Haruhiko Kuroda gives a speech to business leaders in Tokyo
Tuesday 7 November
- Associated British Foods (Full year results)
Wednesday 8 November
- IMF forum on sustainable growth in the Asia-Pacific region
- Marks & Spencer results
“The well-known high street retailer is going through a big restructuring plan under new CEO Steve Rowe and the initial results have been less than exciting so far,” says Spooner.
Like-for-like sales fell in its first quarter, M&S’s July update revealed.
“Furthermore, it was revealed that the recently-appointed director of clothing had resigned and the firm’s rival, Next, reported a fall in high street sales in its third quarter update. Investors will be hoping for some good news ahead of the key Christmas trading period,” says Spooner.
Thursday 9 November
- MSCI quarterly index review
- Residential Market Survey – Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
Friday 10 November
- Construction Output in Great Britain: September 2017 and new orders July to September 2017
- UK overseas trade statistics: September 2017
- UK index of production: September 2017 – ONS