This week will see a key post-Brexit meeting from François Hollande, Angela Merkel and Matteo Renzi to discuss what is next for the Eurozone. On the companies side, housebuilder Persimmon and mining company Glencore will publish their half year results.
Fund Strategy looks at some key events shaping the week and what to expect.
Monday 22 August
- Brexit summit in Italy with François Hollande, Angela Merkel and
Tuesday 23 August
- Persimmon plc half year results
- US Markit manufacturing PMI figures
- Property Transactions in the UK
Wednesday 24 August
- High street banking – BBA
Trends in deposits and finance for UK households and for businesses.
- Glencore plc results
Glencore provided no major surprises in its 2Q16 production results of a week ago, says CreditSights, as the firm upholds the production cuts announced last year after the fall in commodity prices.
Thursday 25 August
- House building quarterly statistics from the Department for Communities and Local Government
- OECD – quarterly national accounts; GDP growth Q2
Friday 26 August
- US Fed Chair Janet Yellen holds a speech at the Kansas City Fed’s annual Monetary Policy Symposium in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.