This week the US will release the latest job statistics. Meanwhile, in the UK, Sainsbury’s will release its trading update for the first quarter.
Fund Strategy looks at some key events shaping the week and what to expect.
Monday 3 July
– UK PMIs covering manufacturing, construction and services, June
Tuesday 4 July
– Sainsbury’s (Q1 trading update)
The Share Centre Investment research Analyst Graham Spooner says: “The group’s market share continues to fall slightly in the face of increased competition from Lidl and Aldi. Investors will be hoping that the recent Argos acquisition continues to benefit the group and helping offset falling sales at its supermarkets.
“The share price has struggled to make any headway over the last three years and this trend looks likely to continue. We lowered our recommendation to a hold, due to increased competition and challenging market conditions and would suggest an underweight rating to the sector.”
– Costain (Q2 trading update)
Wednesday 5 July
– Persimmon (Q2 trading update)
Thursday 6 July
– UK productivity January – March – Office for National Statistics
Friday 7 July
– UK index of production, May – Office for National Statistics
– US Trade, May – Office for National Statistics
– Construction, May – Office for National Statistics
– US Labour Situation, June – Bureau of Labor Statistics