Asia is target in Baring fund move

Baring Asset Management has converted its Pacific fund to Baring Asean Frontiers. The new fund is able to invest in smaller markets in South-East Asia. About 80% of the fund will be invested in core markets in the region: Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines. The remaining 20% will be split equally between frontier markets and greater China, which includes Hong Kong and Taiwan.